Spring 2021 – Academic Assistant Introduction: Jordan Oleson Posted on March 3rd, 2021 by

¡Hola!

My name is Jordan Oleson, and I am a Junior this year double majoring in Spanish and Biology with a minor in Religion. This Spring-2021 semester, I have the honor of being one of the Academic Assistants for the Spanish section in the Department of Modern Languages, Literatures, and Cultures. In addition to this role, I also work as a Spanish Tutor, as a Tour Guide giving campus tours, and as a Collegiate Fellow. I am also involved as a Gustavus Ambassador, Gustavus Youth Outreach Coordinator, Prepare Ministries Leader, and I play various Intramural Sports – SpikeBall being my favorite. In my free time I enjoy being outdoors, reading, cooking, playing guitar and traveling.

I was privileged with the opportunity to learn Spanish in a Spanish Immersion Program from a young age. This granted me the opportunity to learn about and experience culture from a global perspective and truly appreciate the value it brings to my life. I love making connections with people, and being bilingual is one of the greatest gifts my parents have given me. I have since used this gift to travel to various Spanish speaking countries like Spain, Costa Rica, and Mexico and apply my global education to create real-life impactful experiences. I invite you to be on the lookout for some fun events this semester put on by the MLLC and the Spanish department. I hope to see you around!

¡Saludos!