Fall 2021 Academic Assistant Introduction – Jasper Johnson Posted on October 5th, 2021 by

¡Hola! My name is Jasper Johnson and I’m currently a Senior majoring in Spanish and Computer Science. For the Fall 2021 semester, I have the enormous honor of being the Academic Assistant for the Spanish section in the Department of Modern Languages, Literatures, and Cultures. Besides this, I’m also a Spanish tutor, a member of Sigma Delta Pi, the president of Quiz Bowl, and I occasionally dabble in intramural sports. When I have free time, I love reading, camping, playing the piano, spending time with friends, playing games, and doing anything related to trivia!

Here’s a little bit about my background with Spanish! As far back as I can remember, I’ve been exposed to Spanish. I even went to a preschool that taught some Spanish! However, I didn’t really start to truly learn the language until I started going to an immersion school in second grade. Ever since then, I’ve pretty much always been actively involved with Spanish classes or activities. Unfortunately, I haven’t yet been able to visit a Spanish-speaking country, but I would really love to someday! However, I have hosted several Spanish-speaking exchange students over the years, which is something that’s been a truly wonderful experience! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, comments, or if you just want to talk! I’m looking forward to a great year and to seeing you all around campus!

¡Saludos!