Selim Toth, German TA Posted on October 5th, 2017 by

Hallo zusammen,

I’m Selim Toth from Berlin, and am the German TA at Gustavus this year. I will help and support you throughout your studies of my interesting yet difficult native language. If you have any questions, feel free to email me or come by my office in Confer 124.

I obtained my B.A. in “International Communication (German, English and French)“ at the University of Applied Sciences Magdeburg-Stendal and got my M.A. in “ British Studies“ at Humboldt University Berlin.

When I’m not studying, I like to spend my free-time with producing music, sports and reading.

I’m looking forward to a great year at Gustavus and meeting you all.

Bis bald!

Selim

Germany’s federal election on September 24 was the topic for a presentation Selim gave to the German classes prior to the election. After explaining a little about Germany’s parliamentary structure and the election process, he discussed the political parties and what was at stake for them in the election. Current chancellor Angela Merkel’s party won the election, but now must create a coalition with other parties to establish a working group for governing.

In addition to working with students currently taking German classes, Selim will be hosting a German table in the cafeteria every other Thursday from 6.30 -7.30 pm; the next German table will be on October 12 – look for him at the table with the big German flag.