Fall 2022 Academic Assistant Introduction- Elizabeth T. Posted on October 4th, 2022 by

¡Hola todxs!

My name is Elizabeth Tribbett and I am a senior Biology and Spanish double major. This fall I am excited to be the Academic Assistant for the Spanish section of the Department of Modern Languages, Literatures, and Cultures. Besides my involvement in the Spanish department I am also a Gustie Greeter, a chemistry lab TA, and a cake decorator in the bakery! When I am not studying or working I enjoy hiking (and being outdoors in general), thrifting, and baking.

I started learning Spanish in 8th grade but when I got to high school was when I really found a passion for it. My Spanish teacher was amazing and helped me get excited to learn more and realize I wanted to continue after high school. The Spanish department here at Gustavus is incredible and has helped me gain so much confidence in my intercultural and language skills. I spent this past summer working as an au pair in Galicia, Spain. I would not have had the courage or ability to go and do that if it weren’t for the classes and experiences I have gained from the Spanish department here.

I am super excited to see what this year has in store! We are working on redesigning the Culpeper language center to make it a more accessible and inviting space for students interested in languages, literatures and cultures to interact!

¡Nos vemos pronto!